Saturday, September 8, 2007

Felting .... Second verse, same as the first !

I refused to give up ... I wanted to felt the bloody bowl, even if it killed me!

Today I decided, after chatting to a knitting pal who has "vast" experience in felting (she felted a hat by mistake and ended up with a bowl ... which is exactly the reverse of what I tried to do!!) maybe my washing machine does not get hot enough to do the deed.

So .... I BOILED my hat/bowl in a saucepan on the stove. Picture the scene ...

Dinnertime - DD lifts lid of saucepan as she asks her regular daily question "So, what's for dinner?"
Me : "Boiled raccoon"
DD *screams and faints*
Yeah, well it COULD have happened, you know!

Anyhoooo, I boiled it and I poked it again and I squished and squashed it again and guess what ..... it felted -slightly-, in that it got sort of furry, but guess what else ....

......

...... go on, guess ......

......

it

S - T - R - E - T - C - H - E - D
Yup, it is now the size of a generous lampshade, BUT IT IS FELTED .....
I WIN, I WIN, I WIN!!

1 comment:

maryannlucy said...

ROFLOL! Sweetpea and I want piccies!