Thursday, January 10, 2008

Knitting for others (Part 1)

I love knitting (in case you didn't know!) but I don't really love wearing stuff that I have knitted for myself ... don't know why, but I seldom knit for myself. So, with that in mind, and now that DD can knit for herself, I am on a charity knitting binge. My first efforts were for injured soldiers in hospitals in America (requested by a fellow Ravelry knitter : http://knitplaywithfire.wordpress.com/small-comforts/ )

I don't have much yarn in my stash and there is none available here in the UAE, but I used what I had and these are what I managed to create :


















Unfortunately, weeks after being posted, the package was returned to me - in a "slightly dishevelled" state .... note to self : Don't post parcels over Christmas, unless they are FOR Christmas! So, I shall re-post it (and re-pay the Dh150 ... aka 285 Rands ... aka 40Dollars!!) ~Sigh~ Well, I hope when it finally gets there, they like them and can use them!

1 comment:

Charmaine said...

How very generous of you! I'm sure they will be appreciated and loved.